Vlad,

fsck.reiserfs version is  3.6.19; when I run it, it reports no corruption errors found at the end; or something like that.

I'll tar the whole partition to an external drive, then format it and untar it again.

Anyone knows if "tar cvjpf file /" is suffecient to keep all permisions etc. (including for system directories such as /proc /dev) and restoring exactly as it was before format?

Thanks,

-B