Hi again,

I think your characterization of plugins as something we impose on the
VFS is unfair.  Plugins exist entirely internally to reiser4 --- we

to be honest I hope the force from kernel developers will not take
away any more abilities and features away from reiserfs!
If reiser4 is tied witth VFS whats about ports to e.g. windows or
other unix systems - its more or less a lock-in ... an own
implementation could solve. XFS also does not integrate well into the
linux kernel (its basically a big mess), so I don't think the "does
not integrate nicely" argument counts at all.

lg Clemens