On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:27:20 -0500, David Masover wrote:
snip...
>> both mkfs.reiserfs and fsck.reiserfs have -B option to accept list of
>> bad blocks. We thought that should be enough.
>
> It really should.  Why bother with a patch?  Just write a wrapper script
> that runs badblocks and passes in the list to mkfs.

It was just a thought from userland. My perspective was that a user, not a
hard-boiled geek, might get lulled into a false sense of security but may
not have the wherewithal to write a wrapper. If nothing else, when the
final doc is written (did I say final?:)), it should include a notice
about not running badblocks.

--
Peter
+++++