Peter wrote:
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 17:01:18 +0000, Peter wrote:
all snip...
more snip...

Sorry to report this as an r4 bug, although it's interesting to note that
the 1.12.4 baselayout did NOT cause this problem in reiserfs3.6

Mine was doubtlessly a Reiser4 bug, as it resulted in either an oops or a panic, I'm not sure which. I think it was an oops, and after that oops, the disk is inaccessible. Since it's a root FS, this is a problem! The init scripts should not be able to cause this, no matter how buggy they are.

If you would like more information, I can try to reproduce this (it's been awhile, I don't even remember the versions) and grab what logs I can (log to network, maybe)...

I haven't done this already, because everything works now, and no one's asked me to yet.