Hi all,

We now have 3 new features in the relax wiki!  I have managed to get
these running for relax by first testing them on the FlightGear wiki (
http://wiki.flightgear.org ).  There are other features that also come
with the new MediaWiki version, for example the builtin {{!}} template
for using the '|' character within articles to avoid special MediaWiki
syntax characters.

== Collapsible elements ==

Thanks to the MediaWiki update to 1.25.3 (
http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Special:Version ), PHP Version 5.6.13 update
( http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/phpinfo.php ), and some hand fixes for the
Wiki JavaScript at http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/MediaWiki:Common.js , we
now have fully functional collapsible elements:

    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Javascript_testing#NavFrame_test (test page).
    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Template:Collapsible_script (the
template with examples).

This code is directly from the FlightGear wiki, as I wrote that code:

    http://wiki.flightgear.org/Template:Collapsible_script

And here are some examples of the use of the new {{collapsible
script}} template, to de-clutter articles:

    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Installation_linux#Testing_the_Python_installation

http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Relax_disp.spin_lock_offset%2Bfield_figure#Script_to_produce_figure
    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/DPL94#Parameter_name_space_in_relax

== Infoboxes ==

We finally have Infoboxes!  These were first mentioned in the post:

    [relax-devel] Creation of a relax wiki, by Troels Linnet on 24
June 2013 (
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.devel/4105/focus=4114
).

I have created this {{infobox relax release}} template as an example:

    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Template:Infobox_relax_release

This is slowly being added to all the relax release articles, for example:

    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Relax_3.3.0
    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Relax_4.0.0
    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Relax_3.3.9
    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Relax_3.3.8
    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Relax_3.2.0
    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Relax_1.3.1

This took a while to get a functional Lua binary running on the
server!  However there is still a problem:  "Lua error: Internal
error: The interpreter exited with status 137."  This happens maybe
once in every three loadings (and almost always on
http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Template:Infobox_relax_release as the
infobox is used twice in the article).  Logging the errors, I see:

[snip - lots of messages]
    RX <== return
    TX ==> call
    Killed

From this I can only guess that the server that the wiki is running on
is killing the Lua interpreter before it can complete.  I have tried
all the $wgScribuntoEngineConf['luastandalone']['memoryLimit'],
'cpuLimit', and 'profilerPeriod' settings without a change in
behaviour, so this is looking like the server being very MediaWiki
unfriendly.

== MessageBoxes ==

I have taken the idea from the FlightGear wiki:

    http://wiki.flightgear.org/Template:Note

And have improved on it with:

    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Template:MessageBox
    http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Template:MessageBox/doc

See the documentation there for the very useful {{tip}}, {{note}},
{{caution}}, and {{warning}} templates, as well as {{stub}}.  These
will be very useful for conveying important information to the reader.

Regards,

Edward