On Fri, 2018-03-23 at 15:07 +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> This is more or less related to BuildStream format, I think less
> related than more.
>
> I think we have consensus anyway at this point that we're not going to
> repeat this accumulative thing that we did with JHBuild in the
> gnome-build-meta repository, so lets create a branch.
>
> I propose that:
>
>   o We agree that the branch should be named gnome-3.28 following
>     the "standard" which is suggested but not imposed on GNOME
>     modules.
>
>   o We amend the "making a release" wiki to indicate that:
>
>     i.) a branch should be created for every stable major point
>         release.
>
>     ii.) minor point .1 and .2 stable releases should be released off
>          of the appropriate branch.

Circling back to this thread... I have not "done" this yet.

I think that right now, perhaps tomorrow... would probably be an ideal
time for this, as we have been releasing stable 3.28 minor points off
of master, and this week will be the first unstable release in the
GNOME 3.29 series.

Cheers,
    -Tristan