On Fri, 16 Oct 2015, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 10:38:58AM -0700, Eric Hameleers wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2015, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

The Plasma team plan to switch to Noto for Plasma 5.5

https://www.google.com/get/noto/

Distros will need packages of it. Let me know if anyone has problems with this

Jonathan

Almost 500 MB download for these fonts? I surely hope that you only
want to use a small subset. I will have a problem in Slackware
otherwise - 500 MB add-on just for some fonts will meet with a veto
in the distro.

I think that's the source for the complete set.  The Latin languge set is under
1 MB and the complete set minus CJK is 13MB as packaged in Ubuntu.

Jonathan

The 469 MB ZIP file contains 131 TTF fonts and 36 OTF fonts - no source, only actual fonts. I think it will be good if you are *very* specific about the exact Noto fonts you expect distributions to carry.

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers <al...@slackware.com>
Home: http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/