I'll also ask what to do for reporting against head of a git branch other than master?  For programs that have a release or stable branch (often named for the release number) there is a big difference between head of that branch and git master.  For example, KMyMoney has 5.1 branch.  Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any way for this naming to be consistent across applications and frameworks and .... unless something like "git production branch."

Thoughts?