Hi all,

We should have FF & branching today. Unfortunately we are still fighting with 
some issues in qt5.git integration in 'dev' . That's why we haven't been able 
to start soft branching yet :( But that doesn't mean we will officially delay 
the FF ;)

So let's freeze new features for Qt 5.10 today as planned. Please don't put any 
new features in for 5.10 anymore. We will start soft branching immediately when 
issues with qt5.git integration in' dev' are solved. And we will finalize 
branching ~ after a week from that date when soft branching starts. So there 
will be still enough time to get changes in which are currently suffering these 
issues in dev. 

br,
Jani


________________________________________
From: Development <development-bounces+jani.heikkinen=qt...@qt-project.org> on 
behalf of Jani Heikkinen <jani.heikki...@qt.io>
Sent: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:55 AM
To: developm...@qt-project.org
Cc: releasing@qt-project.org
Subject: [Development] Qt 5.10 schedule etc

Hi all,
Kindly reminder: According to schedule we should have Qt 5.10 feature freeze 
after a week, see https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.10_Release. So it is time to do 
remaining finalizations to 5.10 new features now and focus to bug fixing after 
that. Please fill new features page now as well 
(https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.10); it seems to be quite empty at the 
moment.

And we should start soft branching today. But as Frederik informed yesterday we 
are planning to do some changes to coin infrastructure during this week (see 
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-July/030596.html). So 
let's postpone the start of soft branching a bit and do it after coin infra 
changes are in & working. Doing one more branch just now makes these coin 
changes more difficult & most probably causes more delays in the future.

So the plan with 5.10 is following:
1. Let's keep the agreed ff as it is (8.8.2017)
2. Get first 5.10 binary snapshot from 'dev' out as soon as possible
3. Start soft branching (from 'dev' to '5.10') immediately after coin infra 
changes are in & every branch ('5.6', 5.9' & 'dev') is working ok with infra 
changes
4. Finalize branching (~ a week from soft branching)
5. Release Qt 5.10 alpha as soon as possible after the branching. We should be 
able to do this quite quickly; As usual Alpha will be src packages only and we 
can already create needed ones from 'dev'.
   * Most probably we should be able to deliver binary snapshot with alpha as 
well. If not just at same time then quite soon after the release...

br,
Jani


_______________________________________________
Development mailing list
developm...@qt-project.org
http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/development
_______________________________________________
Releasing mailing list
Releasing@qt-project.org
http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/releasing

Reply via email to