Hi,

Il 19/03/19 13:32, Tuukka Turunen ha scritto:
With an upcoming version of the online installer, we are planning to make the following changes:

  * Separate the pre-releases to its own ‘preview’ category, only
    visible when enabled
  * Remove all unsupported Qt releases from the online installer
  * Move all but the latest patch releases of supported Qt releases into
    ‘archive’ category

This allows for greatly improved user experience of the online installer, focuses users to take the latest release with all security updates and reduces the space needed from the mirrors.

So, for instance, right now what would be offered by the installer? If I'm understanding correctly:

* 5.13 alpha in the 'preview' category
* 5.12.latest / 5.11.latest / 5.9.latest as ordinary installation
* All the other 5.12, 5.11 and 5.9 as archive

Is this correct?

Old Qt releases continue to be available for everyone in the download.qt.io <http://download.qt.io> historical archive, but in general they should be considered as a historical reference, not used in active projects.

Do you mean as binary builds, or just the source archives? If binary, as online or offline installers?

Cheers,

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts