In a message dated 7/1/04 11:36:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

My claim was not that there is no viewpoint discrimination:  My argument is that there is tons of viewpoint discrimination in such programs, constantly, and that there's nothing constitutionally problematic about it.

I heartily concur although my example is perhaps more content discrimination. My daughter's public school, although it has noncurricular clubs, including religious clubs, refused to allow formation of a Young _______________ (fill in political party name of choice) Club at the high school.  "No [partisan/party-affiliated] political clubs" was the reason given.

Frances R. A. Paterson, J.D., Ed.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Educational Leadership
Valdosta State University