In a message dated 5/17/2007 2:53:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

All law is inescapably "religious," our own Western law  being based on the
Christian Church/Bible. See, please, among other books,  Harold Berman's 2-vol
work "Law And Revolution." John Lofton, Editor,  TheAmericanView.com;
Recovering Republican...

Some of our law is derived from religious principles, a point made well by
Carl Schmitt.  But certainly  not all.  Berman overstates the  argument in my
view.  I think it is crucial among scholars that we remain  sensitive to these
nuances, despite the culture's inclination to argue  either/or.

Marci

Marci A. Hamilton
Paul R. Verkuil Chair in Public Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law