With all respect, I think Ed is confusing two different issues. Of course, a
judge that awards custody or enters an order *because one parent's religion
is "better" than the other's* is not supportable, and may have
constitutional implications. But that's not what we're talking about. We're
talking about a considered judgment (presumably based on some psychological
evidence) that without such an order the child will suffer psychological
trauma. It's just not worth sacrificing the child to vindicate an
ideological predisposition.

Vance R. Koven
Boston, MA USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]