Hi all,

        For anyone interested, I've posted my upcoming Emory Law Journal article, "A Holy Secular Instituition," dealing with the intersection of the religious and secular dimensions of marriage, with particular reference to the same-sex marriage debate, on SSRN.  To read the abstract or download the article, go to http://ssrn.com/abstract=1293946  The article might be of some use, in particular, because, as I emphasize, its goal is less to score points for one side or the other in the marriage debate than to try to illuminate the playing field.

        Take care.

                                   Perry

Perry Dane
Professor of Law