Sorry if I was unclear, Chris.  I agree wholeheartedly that organizations
that that don’t hire exclusively in the faith can have an important
religious mission.  And that mission might even include asking its
employees -- of all faiths and no faith -- to act in certain ways while
performing their jobs.  But those organizations, unlike those who take
advantage of the title VII exemption, do not typically assume that they can
regulate what their employees do *outside* the workplace -- in particular,
they cannot insist that their employees, particularly those of other
faiths, comply with the employer's religious tenets.  And so if the
"burden" here is that it will be harder for the employer to establish an
organization full of employees who abide by Catholic tenets w/r/t
contraceptive use -- to establish the sort of constitutive community of
which Deneen writes (if I'm understanding him correctly), then the HHS Rule
is the least of it:  Title VII and other laws already prevent the employer
from insisting upon such religious uniformity among its employees.  By
contrast, if the employer is one that is legally entitled to insist upon
such employee religious conformity outside the workplace, and exercises
that right, then the HHS Rule will almost certainly not apply to that
employer.