Brad and Eugene,

How does compellingness analysis work when the government tortures people and
kills civilians with drones and invades Iraq, all of which are against my
religious beliefs and yet makes me pay for them?

This is a serious question.  I’m not a great fan of Smith (nor of RFRA, being
more of a balancing kind a guy (not claiming to be balanced)), but how does a
society function if there is such a unit veto?

Steve

--
Prof. Steven D. Jamar                     vox:  202-806-8017
Director of International Programs, Institute for Intellectual Property and

"The modern trouble is in a low capacity to believe in precepts which restrict
and restrain private interests and desires."

Walter Lippmann