The Texas municipal league and civil rights groups -- especially those
protecting children's and women's and gay rights -- would disagree w the notion
"substantial" is irrelevant.   And the TX legislature had no interest,
or so I am told by those groups on the ground in Texas.   I don't want the
listserv to have the impression that the state RFRA battles are being
fought solely by law professors and religious lobbyists.   The civil rights
groups that initially backed RFRA
have caught up to the agendas behind the veil

Marci A. Hamilton
Verkuil Chair in Public Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo Law School
Yeshiva University