But that language is Scalia explaining why he is not doing a balancing test but
rather the abdication test. Scalia clearly wanted out of religious exercise
jurisprudence and did so — he did not adopt a balancing test.  I guess I
misread your original post.

--
Prof. Steven D. Jamar
Assoc. Dir. Howard IP Program

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day
you find out why.”
Mark Twain