On 2025-08-28 12:42, Remind list wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2025 11:22:51 -0500
> Tim Chase via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >   REM [trigger(trig("Tue"), 4:30, 1)] MSG test i_utcflag=1
>
> Run with the "-dx" flag.  On days that are not Tuesday, trig() returns
> 1990-01-01 and if that's in a future time zone more than 4.5 hours
> ahead of yours, the date gets ajusted back to 1989-12-31 and then the
> Remind parser gets very upset.

Ah, that makes sense.  So it was just an unfortunate time/timezone that
I randomly chose that pushed the beginning-of-time into
make-remind-cranky territory

> You should be using evaltrig() rather than trig()

for the case at hand, I ended up going a different route (which, after
I pushed Send, I saw that you had also proposed a similar tzconvert()
solution), so it's largely irrelevant since nothing of note actually
broke.

Anyways, glad to be poking against weird edges to keep you on your toes.
:-D

-tim
-- 





_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to