Adam,

Any emission by a commercial/industrial system that causes significant
interference to a licensed user in an adjacent band is a violation of
FCC rules, period.  You don't need to spend any more time trying to
contact Verizon to resolve this issue.  Write the FCC's Enforcement
Bureau, and let Riley Hollingsworth take it from there.  Believe me,
once an FCC "Nastygram" gets Verizon's attention, they'll be all over
that site, looking for the cause.  If the problem is not corrected in a
timely manner, a whopping fine will be assessed for every day it
continues.  Rest assured, every cent of the cost of correcting this
interference problem will be paid by Verizon, not you.  It will greatly
help your case if you can show that the offending carrier is at 147.457
MHz, and is not the result of an image response in your receiver or of
IM occurring in a poorly-designed receiver's front end.  It will also
add credence to your complaint if you can use repeatable T-Hunt tactics
to pinpoint the source of the carrier to a specific antenna or cabinet.
Take note as to whether or not the carrier is modulated and/or
identified in any way, and whether it is continuous 24/7 or
intermittent.  Turn off all of your equipment before making these
searches, just to be absolutely certain that the carrier is not
generated within your own repeater.  Many receivers, and a surprising
number of controllers or IDers, generate "birdies" that render certain
frequencies unusable.  Be certain your own equipment is innocent before
filing a complaint.  Of course, you had better be certain that Verizon
is, in fact, the offender before pointing a finger at them!

If your repeater is officially coordinated, your case is even stronger.
A 1 MHz split, in New York?  Hmmm...

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY