At 09:43 AM 12/21/03 -0500, you wrote:

>Thanks Mike, for drawing this up, for clarity the orange wire is the one
>that should be held low to allow the steady tone output - if cycled it
>will create the reverse burst that can be detected by an unknown group
>of radios. And just like a fan delay or a ptt delay you could add a cap
>to the cor signal but that won't help the discriminator detect
>fluttering mobiles, that is a discussion for another day.

Actually the thinking behind the delay I suggested is that if the
mobile flutters the PL encoder stays on a moment longer and
"fills in the gaps", so to speak... if the signal comes back the
encoder is still on.  An RC time constant is just one way of
adding the delay I mentioned and adding the cap to the cor
signal just keeps the repeater itself keyed up longer (not my
intent)