skipp025 wrote:

>This is true, as a former "BIG M" guy I've sourced
>my share of problems out. But there are solutions
>to most of them.  If you use the Z-match device,
>after alignment into a proper 50 ohm termination
>the duplexer cavities should then be adjusted for
>min reflected power as described in my previous
>post(s).

I agree with this as long as cabling lengths of any temporary SWR or
wattmeter are taken into consideration.  This is why I have permanently
mounted (Bird) samplers mounted in my more sophisticated repeater
installations.  This way I don't have to worry about things changing
when I need to tune for maximum smoke.  Bird has a table that can be
utilized, but you just need to insure you add or remove 1/4 wavelength
of cable; considering the coaxial length of the sampler.  This is also
the reason cheap circuit board samplers/swr meters shouldn't be used in
serious repeater installations.

>cheers Kevin, hope to see you at Dayton again (04)

And you as well....

Kevin Custer

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: