Well---I never said it was a <good> idea...
Actually, they CAN be acceptable ***IF*** you are very  careful with
tuning (spectrum analyzer is a BIG must!), and once it's set DON'T TOUCH
IT!!!! Oh, you'll probably have to replace ALL the trimmer caps too.
There is ONE on the air I know of in NE Ohio, and it's been on the air
for abt 15 yrs at a very high profile site, co-located with abt 12-15
1/4KW Micor stations, among other things. The tx stays clean enough, and
the receiver is usable, but it's got bunches o' filters and stuff on tx
and rx, besides the 6-can tx-rx duplexer. And at that the rx still gets
crap. But it does run. It does need to be watched on a VERY frequent
basis, too.
For the kind of purpose I was talking about, again once it's tuned LEAVE
IT ALONE and it should be alright. Maybe a pass cavity on the tx
wouldn't be a bad idea tho...

JOHN MACKEY wrote:
> Jim - What about all the spurs that Spectrums tend to put out?
>
> "Jim B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>  I would say that if he REALLY wants to do SOMETHING with this thing,
>>it could be xtal'd up on his favorite repeater as a monitor/base. Find
>>an antenna relay out of a mastr pro or a Mitrek or whatever to put on
>>the antenna inputs and wire it to the PTT. Put an indoor antenna on it
>>so you don't have to worry about lightning protection, just enough to
>>put a good signal into the repeater. Oh, and rip out the internal
>>controller so it doesn't repeat...

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: