Hello,

I just Joined the group, but don't plan to stay a member (since I am
not a HAM operator).  I am just a fireman in Ohio looking for simple
answers to repeater questions.  I expect to be online for about an
hour more...so you do not need to reply after that.

We are located in a county with 460Mhz Repeaters (4 of them
throughout the county) Our township is in the corner of the county
and about 1/3 of it has poor reception.  We also neighbor 2 other
counties (one using 33Mhz simplex and the other using 155Mhz
repeaters) (Columbus is about 30 miles away utilizing 800Mhz trunking
system city wide)

We would like to purchase a repeater system to extend coverage to our
area that lacks good reception (continuing to use our 460Mhz
radios).  If possible, we would really like the ability to "Patch"
our 460Mhz radios to any of the neighboring counties (maybe columbus
too??).

My question is:  Is there a repeater system that will handle all of
these frequency ranges in one unit, or am I dreaming?  If not one
unit, would it be possible to link multiple systems to accomplish
this?  Keep in mind this would be for Emergency trafic, so I am not
looking for suggestions that involve opening the case and warming up
my soldering iron.

Thank you for letting me join your group today.  If you get a chance
to reply, I would appreciate it...If not, don't worry about it...I
will figure it out eventually (from the sales rep)

Matt Bergum
Lieutenant
Millersport Fire Dept