I went this road a few years ago using the small button thermal switches
(Switch Craft - etc.) that are available in a variety of on-off temperatures
settings, but it didn't prove overly successful.  The small thermal switches
have to be heat sinked to the PA, so you have to route AC for the fan up to
some location on the PA heat sink, this is messy, not easy to implement, and
requires extra AC (hum) wiring running around the station.  The switches
don't have an impressive life cycle and many started going intermittent and
erratic in a year or so.
The new approach I implemented is to use a solid state relay, they require
nothing more than a logic level to drive them, which is easy to find about
anywhere in the station or controller (most controllers have logic outputs
that can be controlled by writing a simple macro command controlled by the
PTT command).  This isn't temp controlled, its time controlled, so fan comes
on with PTT command from the controller,  fan continues to run for 4 minutes
after PTT drops. ( I use this control scheme for PA and general cabinet fan
cooling operations on all my repeaters using SCOM 7K controllers)
This has proven much more reliable over time than temp. control and you will
likely find the fans can do many more on-off cycles during their usable life
than the thermal switches.  Solid state relays last a lifetime and cost less
than the thermal snap disc switches in many cases.  The fan starts PA
cooling process w/o waiting for PA to heat up before cooling can start and
then try and play catch up; a 3 to 4 minute post PTT run time on the fan is
plenty of time to allow for more than sufficient cool down of any residual
heat; this is where a thermal control switch can often cycle on-off several
times depending on the proximity of the thermal switch-fan-main heat
sources, and size/density of the heat sink.
The power consumption of a good muffin fan is about 4 to 8 watts, so even if
you have more run time using the timer approach it isn't going to amount to
20 cents of electricity a month and you end up with something from my
experience which has proven much more reliable in the long run.  A side
benefit to having the fan come on with PTT other than PA cooling is it
supplies immediate air movement inside the cabinet for some cooling to the
power supply, circulators, etc.
So hope this is some help or insight for your application - Good Luck

Rob  K7EI