At 09:42 PM 4/17/04 -0400, you wrote:

>I mentioned this problem to the group a couple of weeks ago....same thing
>is happening with a little more info.
>
>MCC Converted GE Mastr Exec II with built in RC100 w/TS64 (UHF)
>ARR Preamp
>Motorola B/R Cans
>DCI UHF Filter (10c) between the repeater antenna and duplexer.
>Kenwood TNG707 for the remote base
>
>The problem I have is that the audio goes away on the repeater from time
>to time, but comes back within minutes.  It was suggested to look at the
>deviation pot.  The one day "I caught it" doing it's thing, I didn't have
>any cleaner but did move the deviation pot back and forth.  Whether or
>not that did the trick or it was by luck...don't know.
>
>Today it was up to it's old tricks.  Audio went completely away on the
>repeat audio, however audio would pass from the recieve through the
>remote base over to the repeater it is linked to.  Audio did not pass
>back from the remote base.  After a few minutes the repeat audio would be
>very faint and even increase in volume...then drop back.  I turned the
>remote base transmit on and off a few times...then all of a sudden it
>came back to life full repeat audio.
>
>As I had mentioned before the county has stuck a trunking (825mhz?) panel
>antenna about 3 to 5 feet away from the repeater antenna.  They are in
>the "testing" mode right now.  So it has been hard to say if this is
>it...or something else.

Can you get details on the trunking equipment that feeds the
new antenna?  Maybe park a scanner on the channel? (channels?)

If you have problems only when the scanner says the channel is live,
then you have it...

And it may not be front end overload...

Years ago I had a UHF repeater at a site and another group moved
a 2m box into the adjacent cabinet.  No problems...  I swapped out
controllers one day (which required building  a new harness) and
all of a sudden had a new problem...  That's when I discovered that
you don't make audio harness a 1/4 wave long when you have a
250w transmitter 3 feet away...