At 12:38 AM 4/30/2004 -0000, you wrote:

>  I have the opportunity to install a DB-224 and a DB-420 on a 500'
>tower. But the funds are lacking for two runs of hardline. With 60
>watts on the 2 meter repeater and 40 watts on the 70cm repeater. What
>kind of Duplexers can I use on this system for one run of hardline?
>I'm talking dependable.

<---One of my UHF repeater antennas is up a 167' tower, with hardline
running up there. I also have a 2 meter antenna for my remote base up the
tower too. The same hardline is used for both bands and it works just fine.
Although it is kinda strange watching the wattmeter go from 70 watts with
just the repeater talking,  to over 100 when the remote transmits :-)

Just get one that can handle the combined power, since both repeaters will
transmit at the same time. I think I used a pair of Comets for my
installation, rated at 250. I figured that was conservative enough and so
far, no problems.

Truth be told, I doubt there is much difference between the different
brands anyway. A couple of low-Q bandpass filters ain't exactly rocket
science :-)

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
Be sure to see our products at this year's Dayton Hamvention!
Repeater Builders spaces 707 through 710
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net