Thats the first time i have ever heard of that Great JOB Ken !!
Ray

Ken Arck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
When I pulled the coupling loop assembly from the bad cavity, it looked
fine to me. Although I noticed the connection to the S0239 had apparently
been resoldered at some point in the past on the adjusted one). I didn't
think about the resoldering job too much. Until this morning that is, when
I pulled a coupling loop from the good cavity.

There was significantly LESS solder on the good one. Hmmm, could this be an
issue? On the bad one, there was so much solder that the solder fillet
actually shorted almost 1/4 inch of the loop. Voila! I bet this changed the
resonant frequency of this coupling loop. I removed all the excess solder,
and used just enough for a good electrical and mechanical joint.

It is now working just fine! The notch is pretty much centered in the
adjustment slot and is deep and sharp.

Thanks to everyone who offered their assistance, I really appreciate it.
Perhaps my experience will benefit someone down the road!

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
Be sure to see our products at this year's Dayton Hamvention!
Repeater Builders spaces 707 through 710
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net