The other comments regarding the control line is a good one but allow me to
pass on an experience I had in converting a mid-split UHF Micor station
(C64RCB) to the ham band. Specifically, it needed to be moved *exactly* 10
Mhz down (it was on 451.875/456/875 and I was moving it to
441.875/446.875). Pure coincidence but there you go...

The receiver was no sweat - it tuned to 446 painlessly. The transmitter was
another story, perhaps because it was being moved so low. What I found was
that the exciter was no biggie, as it tuned down easily enough (although I
did parallel a 1 pf cap across 2 or 3 coils to center them in their range a
bit better than they would without the new caps). Of course, the exciter
makes power on VHF and is later tripled. But you can hear it just fine for
quite a distance on its ultimate UHF channel.

I followed the directions on the repeater builder webpage regarding tuning
the SECOND bandpass assembly and the circulator but still couldn't get
*any* power out of the PA. What I found I needed to also do was retune the
FIRST bandpass filter assembly - the one between the exciter and the
tripler stages. Once I did that, there was no problem at all in the xmtr
making power.

FWIW....

Ken

At 09:34 AM 6/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a problem. I have a micor base/repeater and over the weekend I tuned
>it up to my frequency and was testing out and I am not getting any power out
>the exciter is producing some power as I can hear the radio a hundred feet
>away with it going into a dummy load. the watt meter tested okay on  another
>radio. the pa is getting power and I have tried  adjusting the power control
>to no avail. I don't think the triple low level amp is working. but I am not
>sure how to fix it.
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net