At 04:32 PM 6/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>I am wanting to stick a low powered UHF repeater on the same antenna.
>This would be an optional control rx'er for the main repeater but will
>run full time ISS audio (when FCC approved).  This would be on the 3rd
>port of the RC210.  The low power repeater would probably be in the
>442.000 range at about 5 to 10 watts.  Would run one of the small mobile
>duplexers.
>1) How much desense will this cause?
>2) What equipment will I need to make this happen (multi-couplers, etc.)
>and what to expect on cost?

<----A receiver multicoupler and transmitter combiner system is usually
quite expensive and lossy. Depending how far/close the involved freqs are
too, this factors into the amount of loss as well. As for duplexers though,
you don't need 'em with such a system.

To get a better idea of what's involved in such a system, here a couple of
links that may useful.

http://www.rfsworld.com/index.php?p=23
http://www.anglelinear.com/couplers/couplers.html

(BTW, AngleLinear makes some of the best stuff on the market, IMHO)

Ken

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net