From: Chris Peterson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 8:29 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] MSR-2000 parts/repair needed

All,

Our local EOC has an MSR-2000 repeater, converted to 146.745- Mhz.

It has always had a flaky PA.  The local Motorola shop says there is a
crack
in the board that broke a trace.  This has failed about every 6 months
and
the Motorola shop has simply soldered across the trace and temperarily
solved the problem.

Now, though, we're having a different problem.  When it gets hot, the
repeater TX drops out completely, sometimes for a couple minutes.  This,
me, sounds like an exciter problem, or possibly a bad connection between
the
exciter and PA, but the Motorola shop has tried to blame the RC-850 that
is
connected to the repeater.

We've disconnected the RC-850 and still have the problem using the
internal
controller, so we believe we've mostly ruled out the modification as
being
the problem.

I'm looking for replacement PAs, exciters, or any other MSR-2000 parts.

I'd also be interested to know if any other Motorola parts will directly
drop in.  I.E. Mitrek parts?

It's storm season now, so we'd like to get the repeater functioning
properly
as soon as possible.

Thanks and 73,
Chris Peterson, KG0BP