I bought a UHF radio for a linking project. Attached to it is a small mobile
radio sized unit that says Mobex Ritron on it. It has a VHF antenna
connector on the back, an on/off switch, a TX light, a 5 pin mike jack, and
a 5 pin mike plug on  a wire exiting from the from front. It looks crystal
controlled with a sticker that says 154.77 tx 157.44 rx. There is no
speaker.
Anyone have any idea what this unit does? I checked on the internet and
could not find a description of the same unit.
Thanks
Mike VE7SML
Smithers BC Canada