We need to get VHF signals to and from an area about 40 miles south of us
through a mountain valley.  For this particular repeater, that is the only
area it will serve in addition to us locally.  Someone suggested using two
stacked Yagi's pointed directly down the valley.  I've never seen Yagi's
used in repeater service.  Will this scheme work?  Are there any pifalls to
be aware of?  Any and all comments are welcome.

Doug  VA7DD