At 09:45 AM 9/4/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>The answer is "probably."  The fact that others have tuned a TKR-850 to
>the 70cm band is not an absolute guarantee that your unit will do the
>same.  It may work fine, or it may barely make it.

<----I'm afraid I have to disagree with your analysis that simply because
others have retuned them to 70 cm is no guarantee. In fact, Kenwood spec's
the TKR-850 in the ham band.

I'm looking at the service manual and there, in black and white, is the
freq. spec
"Frequency range 440 to 470 Mhz". Not to mention the Kenwood FPU
programming software has 440 to 450 Mhz as a valid range.

They tune easily and meet full factory spec when retuned. I haven't seen
one yet that doesn't.

Ken

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net