> WB6YMH wrote:
>
> Since we into nostalga what's the earliest date of a microprocessor
> based repeater or remote base controller?  I built a Z80 based
> controller during 79 and 80 that ended up with 6 K of assembly
> language and 4 radio ports.

I don't know much about the system, but there was a fully sunthesized
computer controlled 2M remote base on the 147.33 repeater in Columbus
back around 1977. A friend of mine that had moved down there used it to
link to a further north repeater that I could hit from home. I know it
had voice readout of frequency (digitalker!). The machine also ran RTTY
at certain times.

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL