That is interesting that both you and Coy mentioned the z-matcher.

I have never heard of one.  I will be looking into it for the sake of
knowledge enrichment ;-)

I assumed that the input cable length from the pa to the duplexer did not
matter and that I hit some kind of magic wavelength length that botched it
up.  Adding the three inch longer cable fixed/changed it.

Since I now measure -1.1db through the duplexer I'm happy that I got it all
matched right.

I'd feel sorry for a guy trying to figure this out without a tracking
generator to tune the duplexer.  That made me feel confident enough that the
problem was somewhere else.  I considered retuning the duplexer under power
to peek it, but decided against it.  That would have worked around the
problem or made things worse.

It was a very interesting learning process this week that started with
desense and ended with a new duplexer and TX cable.

At the start was 15 watts out of the duplexer with 15db desense.  Now its 32
watts out and 0 desense.

Think they will notice the difference? ;-)

-Tim