I have one of these too.  If it were my tower, I would
try putting it in one of those plastic watertight
electrical boxes and weatherseal it.

If I was getting free space on someone else's tower, I
would go out an buy the best splitter I could afford
and only climb the tower once.  I have always said
that if you get free tower space, keep your tower
climbing to an absolute minimum and use the best
material you can on the tower installation.  Repeated
climbing of the tower can lead to being asked to leave
the site due to liabilities.

Joe