I also have a DB-413.  I was wondering how well it would work if I removed
the dipole sections from the mast and clamped them directly to my tower.  I
realize the spacing is critical.  Like Joe, I only want to use one section
(4 dipoles) worth of the antenna.

It appears that there are 50 ohm connectors that connect the top and bottom
sections of the antenna.  Is the matching coax sections in that
harness?  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff, N1KDO