I don't think that experimentation is the wrong thing
to do, as long as your expectations allow for possible
failure.  It's in true ham radio spirit to try to do
what some consider the impossible or foolish.  I've
failed many times trying to "save a buck" but the
educational part of experimentation always paid off.

This separates the experimenters from the appliance
operators.

73, Joe, K1ike

PS: I have heard that you can lengthen the loops by
simply adding a long screw to each end of the loops.
This changes the physical length of the loop to the
proper dimensions.

--- Paul Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OK, I know the major response to this is going to be
> "forget it and buy the right antenna"..... but I
will