At 10/30/2004 12:18 PM, you wrote:

>Unfortunately I don't have much to compare its performance
>to. The previous antenna was a Cushcraft 4-pole dummy load
>at the same height. The coaxial collinear provides MUCH
>better coverage (no surprise there <BIG grin>).

Then your collinear must be very good, since the Cushcraft 4-pole is far
from a dummy load.  It may be mechanically fragile, but it has about the
same gain as any other comparable dipole array.

Perhaps you had it adjusted for an omni pattern (each dipole rotated 90°
from the one beneath it).  This will NOT work on the UHF 4-pole & will
result in a very degraded pattern.  It ONLY works when the dipoles are all
lined up.

Bob NO6B