I agree that for the casual user that they're a bit high. But if you
have an installation where you need a PC that does not have AC, then
these have got to be the BOMB!

I wonder.... I've never really paid attention to what goes on inside of
a PC power supply. I wonder if a person could build a power supply by
bypassing the primary side of the transformer in a traditional PC supply
and feeding the secondary with 12VDC.

Mike