Awww... you took all the fun out of it - I was going to try it and see if it
works!

Richard ,N7TGB

-----Original Message-----
From: NĜATH [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 12:58 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] radial tire static?

Daron J. Wilson wrote:

Helium - we use this on almost every trip up to the repeater site.  We
find that we can load the truck down very heavily at sea level, and it
is often all we can do to keep it on the ground once we get up to about
6,000 feet.  It is a tremendous mileage booster, though we lost the
first truck when we unloaded at the repeater site and returned to find
the empty truck gone.  Perhaps it was stolen.

Actually helium is not always lighter than air. Am empty helium tank
trailer and tractor weighs about 62,000 pounds.
The same unit filled to capacity weighs about 62,800 pounds. By just
driving the vehicle you cannot tell if you are
 loaded or empty.

Dave // NĜATH