Did you measure the 50 ohms with a multimeter?  If you
did, try putting power to the cables with a radio and
measure the reflected power of the jumper by itself.
Sometimes a DC 50 ohms does not equal an RF 50 ohms.

The other possiblilty might be that the RG8 was the
exact lengths to make it work properly.  RG8 has a
velocity factor of about 66% and hardline is typically
around 88% velocity factor.  The hardline jumpers
would have to be longer than the RG8 jumpers to equal
the same RF electrical length.  For example, a 40 inch
RG8 jumper would be 53 inches using the above velocity
factors.

My bet is on the soldered connectors on the hardline.

73, Joe, K1ike