Ok, I think you all missed what he is doing, he wants a simple drag and
drop, just as the program does.  Yes he can drag and drop them in any
program, but to create the drag and drop, Adobe Acrobat has that feature.  I
can take Adobe Pagemaker and do that.  But it is true, he can drag and drop
in Word and then create a PDF from that, but then he is never to edit that
file again.  In a tru PDF, Adobe, he can make his changes, save the file,
then later edit it.  Three programs to do the task of one.  Cumbersome it
would be, but if he wants to prevent the big buck on Adobe, then yes, he
could use third party programs to create the PDF files.  Good Luck with the
project.