At 08:51 PM 11/23/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>I would start with the Ground to see if the continuity of Resistance is Zero
>Ohms. from Chasis, Cabinet, rack, etc..  especially green crud from moisture
>will start a resistance path to ground.

<---That would be my first take on his problem. Sounds like a typical
ground loop problem, causing the AM RF to make it into his audio circuits.
Hence, Rush Limbaugh!

My best guess on why it disappears when he removes the duplexer is that
ground currents are changing, causing the ground loop.

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
We now offer complete Kenwood TKR repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net