At 10:34 AM 11/25/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>Bad capacitor in the audio stage?

<---I fixed a Repco repeater for a local ham that had this exact problem.
An interstage coupling cap developed an internal intermittent connection
and the xmt audio would crackle as temperature shifted. Physical movement
would also cause crackling.

Amazing what one bad .1 cap can do :-)

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
We now offer complete Kenwood TKR repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net