I'll answer you honestly without flaming you :)  If you use an antenna
such as the Diamond X700HNA (my preference in cheesy antennas), or the
Diamond X500HNA, they will both work well.  You should take them apart
and SOLDER (I used silver solder) all the joints. I did this on my
X700HNA, and it works quite well. There is very little noise caused by
the antenna..  These two models seem to handle the power the best as
well. One of my UHF machines can put out 160 watts out of the duplexers
and  it deals with it at high duty cycle.

James