When cophasing two antenna's I think they usually use 1/4 Waves of 75 Ohm or
35 Ohm cable.  If you feed it with 50 ohm cable, the harness that is, you
will have 100 Ohms at the feedpoint.  So then you need something to change
that.  In building an eme array, we used 1/4 and 1/2 waves of 50 ohm cable,
but they had to be exact.

Mathew