Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2004 5:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Transmitter combiners

Gareth,

For two transmitters the length of the circulator to porcupine jumper would be 5/8 wavelength in coax.

When these two are parrelled the common impedance  is  25+j25 ohm.

Looking at the Smith chart it looks like a paralleled s/c stub of -j25 would acheive a match to 50 ohm.

Putting these figures into lengths of RG213:

 Circulator  to porcupine jumper 0.85m

  s/c stub 0.58m

I dont know how many transmitters you are combining,the stub impedance is -j16ohm for 3 transmitters and -j12 for four.

There are lots of good transmission line calculators available on a google search.

Ian
G8PWE