What are the rules on a portable repeater?  Would a mobile Micor as a portable be ok?  Is 50w ERP the rule?

----- Original Message -----
From: russ
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: FCC typr acp.

Yes! They have shut down a few un license
GMRS repeaters in the Phila.. PA area. They even got a contractor for no license. They even got a group in the Camden NJ area for no license and it was a non profit group running a fund-raiser with all HT's. So yes they are working on it. They busted me for running a Master two on GMRS. It had been on for a while and on a part 17 tower inspection on a matter not connected to me they saw the unit while check all units in the tower. As for using outer things I had two master two's and one Micor and I have replaced them all with 3 Kenwood TKR-850 repeaters. You can run any thing you would like BUT it can be costly. The outer thing is they found a few 100 watt units (50 watts Max on GMRS repeaters) and some mobiles used as repeaters and it is not a good thing. They are nice about it. But! I found in my case it was better and cheaper to replace the units then keep them on a pay a fine.
Good luck and enjoy GMRS I sure do.
Very best of 73,
Russ,
Ham, W3CH